And now you know.
Ugh, If i could do this my dorm I would love it!
pretty amazing :)
looks sooo good!
Healthy eating on a budget!
This is so helpful for a tight-ass like me!
During a run
- brain: why are you going so slow?
- lungs: I currently hate you.
- feet: I'm gonna turn into 10 pound weights now.
- Legs muscles: I am going to start hurting in random places, kay?
- Sidewalk: I really want to trip you in one of my holes or bumps.
- People in cars: *hoooonk* Run Forrest Run!
- People walking: nice ass baby
- Me: Why do I do this to myself?
- Me at end of run: I love running so much! I would never give this up!
100 CALORIE CAKE BATTER ICE CREAM
yes, ladies and gentlemen, there is healthy and low calorie cake batter ice cream for all of us fitblrs to indulge in!
what you need -
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- very scant 1/16 tsp salt (don’t omit)
- sweetener (such as 1 stevia packet or 1T sugar)
- 1/2 T sprinkles
- 1 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened Silk. See below for substitution notes.)
- If you want it to taste more like cake batter, add 1-2 T coconut butter (You can also add 1/4 tsp butter extract, which is surprisingly vegan)
What you do -
Mix the ingredients together in 1 or 2 shallow plastic containers. Freeze. (You can also use an ice cube tray.) Once frozen, pop the blocks out of the container (I thaw for 30 seconds in the microwave first) and blend in your Vita-Mix. (If you don’t have a vita-mix, you’ll probably have to thaw longer, but you can still get a yummy ice milk.)
This ice cream—when made with almond milk—has a very light texture (perfect for summer). For a creamier texture, try using at least 1/4c canned coconut milk (or maybe even creamer?). You can, of course, also sub other non-dairy milks for the almond. But if you do this, play around with the amount of vanilla extract, sweetener, and add-ins. (For example, an already-sweetened milk will probably need less added sweetener.)
I got this AMAZING recipe (and many others!) from this AMAZING blog
ugh, trying to eat healthy all the time is hard! I have so many bad foods still in my house that I give into temptation and eat at least one of them a day…and once I eat one I think, screw it, you’ve already blown it. :( I really need to work on my self control and not give up! [end rant]
Page 1 of 13